Download PDF Version
- 2016 – Current. Independent Research, The Conscious Map Project. Writing, research, field interviews, and podcast development. Community Research and Development. Seattle, WA
- 2015 – 2016. Volunteer, teacher, interpreter with organizations and schools in Central America. Worked in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico, Cuba, and Colombia.
- 2014 – 2015. GIS Analyst, Long Beach Transit. Public Transportation, $10 to $25 million (USD) per year revenue. Long Beach, CA.
- 2013 – 2014. Teaching Assistant, California State University Long Beach. Higher Education. Long Beach, CA.
- 2011 – 2012. Community Indicators Data/GIS Analyst, United Way of Pierce County. Non-Profit Organization Management. Tacoma, WA.
- 2010 – 2012. GIS Lab Instruction Assistant, University of Washington, Urban Studies Department. Higher Education. Tacoma, WA
- 2015. M.A. in Geography, California State University. Long Beach, CA.
Thesis Title: Mapping Resources and Mobility for Residents of a Mixed-Income Housing Project in Salishan, WA.
Committee: Dr. Deborah Thien (chair), Dr. Norman Carter, Dr. Kerry Woodward.
- 2014. Esri Certified in ArcGIS 10.1, California State University. Long Beach, CA.
Project Title: Identifying Gaps in Service for Distressed Neighborhoods of Long Beach, CA.
- 2012. B.A. in Urban Studies and GIS, University of Washington. Tacoma, WA
Minor in Non-Profit Management and Environmental Studies
Capstone: Developing Sustainable Local Economies Utilizing Resources in Distressed Neighborhoods.
- 2011. Certified in ArcGIS 9.3, University of Washington. Tacoma, WA
Capstone Title: Economic Development: Future Employment Opportunities in Neighborhoods of Low Socio-economic Status in Tacoma, Washington.
Honors and Awards
- 2012. Director’s Award for Outstanding Research, University of Washington. Tacoma, WA.
- 2012. Director’s Award for Service to the Program, University of Washington. Tacoma, WA.
- 2011-2012. Annual Dean’s List, University of Washington. Tacoma, WA.
- 2011. Director’s Award for Outstanding Research, University of Washington. Tacoma, WA.
- 2011. Finalist, Milgard School of Business Annual Case Competition. University of Washington. Tacoma, WA.
- 2010-2011. Annual Dean’s List, University of Washington. Tacoma, WA.
- 2015. Boyde, N. “Post-Industrial Processes of Urbanization and Suburbanization in the United States.” Cultural Elements of Geography, Department of Chemistry and Geography, Los Angeles City College.
- 2015. Boyde, N. “Mapping Upward Mobility for Residents of a Mixed-Income Housing Project in Salishan, WA” Association of American Geographers, Chicago.
- 2015. Boyde, N. “Feminist Theory in Participatory Mapping Methods of Resident Resources and Upward Mobility in a Housing Project.” Supporting Women in Geography, San Diego State University, CA.
- 2012. Boyde, N. “Future Employment Opportunities in De-industrialized Neighborhoods of low SES in Tacoma, WA.” Urban Studies Forum on Urban Industrial Futures, University of Washington, Tacoma, WA.
LANGUAGES / SKILLS
ArcGIS, MSOffice, AdobePhotoshop, Infograms, WordPress
PC and Apple architectures, MS DOS, MS Windows